gabriola garden

Friday, November 21, 2008

Easy Hydroponics--Piranha, Tarantula, Voodoo Juice

As you know, I am in the process of setting up my very own hydroponic indoor garden. I did extensive research and chose a Drip Irrigation System with Rockwool as my medium. Also, to save electricity, I invested some of my development money in buying LED Grow Lights, which use a lot less power than High Intensity Discharge (HID) grow lights. They're also a lot cooler, requiring less ventilation.

One of the very first things I learned was that healthy roots practically guarantee a bountiful harvest. So in addition to my basic fertilizer, I am mixing beneficial fungi and bacteria into my hydroponic reservoir, in order to ensure a large root mass and better nutrient absorption. The following video will explain:



For further information, please click here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Tim at 3:32 PM

1 Comments:

  • I'd just add that there's a lot of variation in the quality of LED lights. The good ones are really expensive but not all the expensive ones are good.

    Most of the LED lights out there are less effective than the far cheaper CFL options available.

    By Blogger hugetom80s, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home